<$BlogRSDUrl$>
 Just callin' it it as we see it
...could it have been HOW you asked me...
...or could it have been WHAT you asked me...
...maybe it's WHEN you asked me...
all i know is that YOU'RE ON FUCKIN' CRACK...

 Archives
May 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
October 2006
September 2010
December 2011
 Contributing Authors
Tineybopper
JiminySpliff
MarleyMonk
Mizzymoto
Siscaholic
Monday, June 19, 2006
 Trailer food, the new fusion?
So I'm on the train this morning wearing a black winter suit (because I'm a jackass and didn't get the "memo" about it being in the 90's today) literally melting into my suit when something someone said from across the aisle jolted me from my heat induced stupor.

A little girl was pointing to an ad behind me and asking her mom "What is that?". I'd noticed the ad for the American Peanut Grower's Council when I walked on the train, and it was a giant poster with a photo of a slice of sandwich bread with peanut butter slathered on it and 5 slices of banana neatly arranged on top. The slogan said "It was good enough for the King of Rock and Roll, it should be good enough for you."

Okay, so it's not the most catchy writing in the world, but the photo had me craving one something fierce. Upon the child's inquiry the mother looked at the ad for a moment, turned to her daughter, and confidently stated: "It's sushi". While I sat there slack jawed (I thought for a moment that the woman was referring to me, because no one, NO ONE in their right mind could possibly mistake a peanut butter and banana sandwich for sushi), the daughter followed up with: "What's sushi?". To which the mother answered "It's Chinese food... you wouldn't like it".

Okay, I admit, I made the last half of that sentence up, but it was implied. I wasn't even so much offended that this woman didn't know what sushi was, after all there are only 463 sushi restaurants in New York. What really got my goat is that this poor girl was going to grow up thinking peanut butter and banana sandwiches are the devil's food. I mean who could not love that rich creamy peanut butter meld with the lightly sweet satiny banana all wrapped up in air rich Wonderbread goodness?

Ohh the travesty!

Posted by Marc @ 7:03:00 AM --

Comments:

Post a Comment
<< Home
(c) 2004 - UrOnCrack Enterprises. Not a single right reserved.
If you think this page needs a copyright then you need to get off the rock.